JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW
- Plan, implement and evaluate lessons, room arrangements and activities designed to promote physical, cognitive and social development while teaching children the basics of vocabulary, math, geography and science.
- Implement and follow Everyday Math and Handwriting Without Tears curricula.
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use, both in learning activities and imaginative play.
- Supervise children in a safe and loving environment.
- Establish and enforce expectations for behavior and daily classroom routines.
- Observe and evaluate children’s performance, behavior, social development and physical health.
- Establish consistent communication with parents and children.
- Follow departmental procedures in the classroom, workroom and office areas.
- Greet and welcome each child and parent at arrival and departure.
- Maintain clean, safe classrooms and playing areas.
- Demonstrate flexibility in working with all staff as needed to maintain quality programming, including substituting in other classes and helping as necessary.
- Assist in performing and maintaining standards as required by the Southwestern Association of Episcopal Schools, Texas Department of Health and Human Services and other governing bodies.
- Complete 24 annual clock hours of continuing education in Early Childhood Education as required by the State of Texas.
- Work with ministry staff and other church staff to ensure harmonious relationships.
- Treat SMES families, parishioners, guests and other visitors with respect and helpful attitude.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in education or related field
- Texas Teacher Certification preferred
- Employee must meet personal qualifications as outlined in the TDHHS Minimum Standards for Child Care Centers. A copy of the Minimum Standards is available in the administration office.
- Employees must meet the personal qualifications as outlined in the Saint Michael Episcopal School Handbook.
- Employee must have basic computer skills and ability to communicate via email.
- Employee must have access to the internet and/or text messaging to be able to communicate with SMES staff, parents and caregivers outside of school hours.
Please complete our online application to be considered of the position: https://www.smesdallas.org/about-us/employment/
We are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and all compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, religion, disability/handicap, or any other protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state and local laws.