SAES News & Events
Deadline for Applications: March 1, 2017
The recipients will:
- Display passion for teaching and innovation
- Demonstrate a deep appreciation for professional development
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- Desire their school to reflect an ongoing commitment to excellence
- Love the students and strive on a daily basis to help them achieve their personal best
- Exhibit commitment to the Episcopal approach to education which can be understood as “faith seeking understanding”
Wootton Awards are $5,000 cash prizes given in four different categories:
- Early Childhood—this award identifies an exceptional teacher working with pre-kindergarten students
- Elementary—this award identifies an exceptional teacher working with students from kindergarten to fifth grade
- Middle/Upper—this award identifies an exceptional teacher working with students from grades six through twelve
- Special Focus—this award identifies an exceptional teacher of a special subject or Chaplain excelling in the spirit of the Wootton Awards
Teachers currently engaged in an SAES community may apply for a Wootton Award. In addition, administrators of SAES schools may nominate a teacher in their community. The application packet consists of:
- Written application (name, school information, etc.)
- Current CV of the teacher applicant
- Application essay written by the teacher applicant or nominating administrator: This essay (of no more than 750 words) should address why the teacher is deserving of this award.
- Two letters of support for the application
- Endorsement of the head of school
- Optional: Endorsement by the Board of Trustees
- Applications are due to SAES on March 1, 2017.
- The Executive Board of The Southwestern Association of Episcopal Schools will name a selection committee consisting of no more than five persons and no less than three persons. In addition, the Executive Director and the Chair of the Executive Board will serve as ex officio members of the selection committee.
- Nominees will be reviewed in the Spring of 2017 and the recipients will be honored at the 2017 Biennial Conference.